3 girls, me, and a recipe

Welcome! I hope you enjoy reading about the passions in my life, my family, cooking, gardening, my pets and making memories that my girls will pass on to their children.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Ultimate Comfort Food-Meatloaf

I think every southerner has been raised on meatloaf. It seems like everyone has their own special recipe too. I have tried many recipes over the years and have learned that I like my meatloaf plain, just like my mom used to make. I have made this recipe my own over the years and I think I have it just like we all like it. We always pair it with mashed potatoes and it doesn't matter how bad of a day you have had. This is a cure-all.

Meatloaf

1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. ground pork
1 egg
1/2 seasoned bread crumbs
3/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup bell pepper, chopped
1 can diced tomatos
1 can tomato paste
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
garlic, to taste

Saute onion and bell pepper in about a tablespoon of butter until soft. Let cool. Mix meat, egg, bread crumbs, tomatoes and mix well. Add seasonings and mix again. Spread mixture in a casserole dish and spread tomato paste on the top. Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour.


These are the ingredients you will need.

After you put it in your pan, just spread the tomatoe paste over it.

This is the finished meatloaf. Delicious!

If your truly southern, you will have leftover meatloaf sandwiches the next day!!

3 comments:

priscilla joy said...

that looks yummy. thank you so much for stopping by my blog...i hope you enjoy all the recipes and enjoy hearing when people like and blog. i saw your bf is priscilla too...funny - i hardly ever see that name!

priscilla joy said...

sorry! i meant to say and enjoy hearing when people like "my" blog.

Lauren said...

Yummy in my tummy!! This was really good!!