3 girls, me, and a recipe

Welcome! I hope you enjoy reading about the passions in my life, my family, cooking, gardening, my pets and making memories that my girls will pass on to their children.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Super Tender Pot Roast~

Hi everyone, I hope everyone had a super day. I spent the day with my oldest daughter shopping and it was so relaxing. This is my daughter that is so much like me its scary sometimes. I dont know if its good or bad!! Lauren had the day off for Veterans Day, so we got to spend some time together. I feel lucky to have her, shes such a great kid. Anyway, on to the cookin'.
Since I am all about the comfort food, today, I want to share my pot roast with you all. I have been making this the same way for most of my marriage (22 years). If I vary from this recipe everyone freaks out. I have to put up with the wary glances and the rolling eyes and just the sheer pouting that everyone does when it doesn't taste "the same". My family just loves this so am stickin' to it. Hope you try this because you will love it, I KNOW it.
This is what you will need:
Pork Roast-whatever size fits your family!
Seasoned Flour
Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Mushroom
Olive Oil
1 large onion
2 large cloves garlic
Salt
Pepper
Coat your roast in the seasoned flour really good patting it in as you go.
Brown about 1/3 of your onion and one clove of garlic in about 3-5 tablespoons of olive oil.
Throw the roast in on top of garlic and onions and brown the roast really fast on high heat-dont forget the sides.
Put in your trusty roaster your mom gave you, cover with the rest of the onions and garlic (put your garlic through a crusher) and sprinkle the dry soup mix on top. Add about 1 cup of water. Bake this at 300 degrees for about 2 1/2 hours.
Cover with carrots and unpeeled, quartered potatoes. (Dont forget to wash em'). I had a few red potatoes so I threw those in. Bake this another 45 minutes to an hour.
The water you added will make the most wonderful gravy. If it needs thickening, you can thicken it with a little seasoned flour. This is making my mouth water just posting this. I can even see the steam coming off of it. I think its the low temp. that makes it so tender but I have never had this not turn out great. My kids love it and the leftovers-well, they dont last long!!
Have a wonderful night!

6 comments:

priscilla joy said...

this pot roast looks so good! and the cooked veggies look delicious along with it!

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Joan, thanks for stopping by and for the delicious pot roast recipe. I love pot roast. It's one of those comfort food dishes I crave here during the holidays. So happy to hear you had a delightful day with my daughter. Can hardly wait for my daughter to have some time just to relax, I'll relax with her. Talk to you again soon.

Joan said...

Thanks so much girl. I am trying to keep up with the professionals like you! Your posts that you have are just calling me to come make em'! I will let you know how it goes.

Joan said...

Theresa, thanks for stopping by, I love comments as much as the next guy. You ladies are so smart I feel blessed to know ya! I have learned so much! I am having a ball.
Thanks again,
Joan

Heart 4 My Home said...

This looks so yummy! You have inspired me. I think this weekend since it's supposed to be colder I am going to thaw out a pork roast I have in the freezer. Yum yum!

~blessings

Joan said...

Priscilla!! That first comment from me was to you. I didn't even include your name but it was a reply to you-Sorry!