3 girls, me, and a recipe

Welcome! I hope you enjoy reading about the passions in my life, my family, cooking, gardening, my pets and making memories that my girls will pass on to their children.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Bobbys Holy Guacamole!

Good Sunday evening everyone! I hope everyone had a great weekend. It flew by. But, we were home alot so I was able to cook a few things. This recipe is one I have been meaning to share with ya'll since I started this blog last year. It seems like everytime my husband made it he was so quick and I was doing something else I was not able to grab my camera. I caught him this time. Friday night we decided to Bar B Q a brisket and some ribs. While there are plenty of times we will have the usual potato salad and beans, there are also times when we do spanish rice and beans. This time, we just wanted to make some brisket tacos. So, when we do that we always put guacamole on them. If we can quit eating it with chips before he gets the meat sliced!


Its a very simple recipe that is very versatile. You can make it spicier or you can add onions (I would have liked onions but no one else did). And now presenting:


The main players. Doesnt this look good? Fresh ingredients are the best.




Okay, I did it again. I forgot to put this in the above pic! Whoops.






Chop your tomatoes, fresh jalapeno, and cube the avocados.



Add your seasoning.





Mix it all up. My husband likes to keep this chunky rather than mushy. And please please please dont miss my Texas shaped chips. They make me smile to look at them. They are so fun!!

Bobbys Holy Guacamole!

2 fresh large tomatoes

2 large avocados

1 large seeded jalapeno

1 level teaspoon each, garlic powder, salt, pepper

1 tablespoon lemon juice.

Chop tomatoes and jalapenos. Add peeled and cubed avocado. Add seasonings and mix gently. Add lemon juice to prevent browning. We always save the avocade seed and place them in middle. This also helps to keep it from turning brown.

1 comment:

Keeper of the Home said...

Yumm-eee! We love guacamole.