3 girls, me, and a recipe

Welcome! I hope you enjoy reading about the passions in my life, my family, cooking, gardening, my pets and making memories that my girls will pass on to their children.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Pound Cake

1 pkg. (2 layer) yellow cake mix with pudding
1 3.9 oz. pkg. chocolate instant pudding mix
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup olive oil
3/4 cup water
4 large eggs
1 (8 oz.) sour cream
1 cup semi sweet chocolate morsels
Sifted powdered sugar

Combine first 3 ingredients, stirring with wire wisk to remove large lumps. Add oil, water and eggs stirring until smooth. Fold in sour cream. Stir in chocolate morsels. Pour batter into a greased and floured 12-cup bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a wood pick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes, remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack. Serve hot with hot fudge sauce and vanilla ice cream.


She always just brings a jar of hot fudge that you would get in the ice cream toppings section at the grocery store. Tastes just like Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what about making some now? does it have to be christmas? do i have to wait!?

Tina Butler said...

How cool i make mine almost exact i think the oil is the only difference. It is such a moist and wonderful pound cake. I love utilizing cake mixes in my recipes.