3 girls, me, and a recipe

Welcome! I hope you enjoy reading about the passions in my life, my family, cooking, gardening, my pets and making memories that my girls will pass on to their children.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

A yummy treat for the extra pie crust!

When I was growing up and even after I was grown my mother always like to make pecan pie whenever we had a family get together. My mother makes wonderful pecan pie. When we would make the crust she would always have a little bit left. She never liked to throw it out so this is what she would do with it:

Here are the scraps leftover.

Roll it out a little bit without handling it too much so it doesnt get tough.

The put little pats of butter on it and sprinkle it liberally with sugar and cinnamon. Bake this for about 10 minutes and it is so good and you dont feel like your wasting anything. Neat!

2 comments:

Hope said...

I always let my son use cookie cutters on the leftover pie crust (just for fun), lots of cinnamon and sugar and bake till toasty....yum!

Mini Baker said...

its all about homemade pie crust! its the best! I love your blog! I'm so glad I found it! I'll be back often :)
-Mini Baker