3 girls, me, and a recipe

Welcome! I hope you enjoy reading about the passions in my life, my family, cooking, gardening, my pets and making memories that my girls will pass on to their children.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Just a few things....

Hope everyone has had a great start to their week. Not a whole lot of cooking going on around here but I have been working in my back yard. Keep in mind, I am in Texas and this is not very encouraging. We have had NO rain! My husband and I went to a plant nursery in San Antonio not too long ago called The Rose Emporium. There is also one in Brenham, Texas but I have to say, I like the one in San Antonio better. They had a cute little potting bench that I thought would come in handy when I am starting seedlings or just repotting a plant. My husband took a picture of it and he actually made this for me. It looks EXACTLY like the one we saw that was $100. He made it for about $18. I am so pleased with how it turned out. He did such an awesome job!
I wanted to show you all this beautiful potato vine that I have in my backyard. My mother brought me the "potatos" to start a vine a couple of years ago and it was fun to watch it grow. It grows really fast! And it is just so beautiful and lush green (when just about everything else isnt). This fall it will start to put on little brown potatoes and when the first cold front comes in I just picked the potatoes and kept them until this spring until I planted them and watched this grow. Does anyone know anything else about his plant and maybe if they ever bloom?


I also found this at the grocery store yesterday. My picture is not too good but it is sweet and salty, glazed and roasted pecan pieces. They are old fashioned ice cream topping. It is made by B. Lloyds but Paula Deen is on the front. Usually if she has anything to do with it, it is going to be good! I cant wait to try these, I thought they may be good on a salad too!

2 comments:

Keeper of the Home said...

Those nuts sound tasty. Let us know what you think when try them.

~Mrs. M

Kristy said...

Great job Bobby!!!! Joan I just love that little table!!

Love u, Kristy