3 girls, me, and a recipe

Welcome! I hope you enjoy reading about the passions in my life, my family, cooking, gardening, my pets and making memories that my girls will pass on to their children.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Microwave Chocolate Cake~~This ones for everyone!!

Hello everyone! I hope everyone has had a great start to their week. Now that I have this summer job easy recipes are a must. This is one that will top the list. It is a decadent dessert that is so easy and quick, yet looks so pretty when its finished. I made this cake at my moms house and we were so busy talking about how easy it was I forgot to take a pic after it was frosted. We couldnt wait to dig in. It was extremely good. I hope you all try it.

Here are the goodies you will need.



After your batter is mixed it will be extremely thick, just kind of mush it around evenly. This is a pampered chef recipe so I used my bundt pan stoneware. Their stones are so nice, they make my food cook evenly.

Here it is right after the sprinkling of cinnamon and sugar and right before the frosting. Since I made this at my moms my mojo was off. I didnt take enough pics. Sorry!
Microwave Chocolate Cake
1/4 cup sliced almonds
3 eggs
16 oz. sour cream
1 pkg. devils food cake mix
1 cup miniature semi sweet chocolate chips
2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
1 tablespoon sugar
1 8 oz. container frozen whipped topping
Brush a bundt pan with oil. Chop almonds. Whisk together eggs and sour cream until smooth. Add almonds, cake mix and half of the choc chips, and also 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix all together and spread into your prepared pan. Microwave your cake on high 11-14 min. or until wooden pick comes out clean. Let stand in the microwave for 10 min. Remove from microwave and loosen cake from sides and invert onto a platter. Combine cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over the cake. Place remaining choc chips and 1 cup of the whipped topping in a bowl and microwave on high 30-40 seconds or until melted. Drizzle over the cake. Serve with remaining whipped cream. Yum!


No comments: