3 girls, me, and a recipe

Welcome! I hope you enjoy reading about the passions in my life, my family, cooking, gardening, my pets and making memories that my girls will pass on to their children.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Mini-Meatloaves

Well I finally got my girl back in school. I always have such mixed emotions when its time for school to start back after summer vacation. I love not having a schedule but yet I miss it. I know that we are all much happier when we have one. I hope now I can get back to blogging in a more timely matter. I have been cooking but I havent had time to post! This is just finishing up the meal I had started in the two previous posts. To round out the meal I made these juicy little mini meat loaves. They are perfect for when your craving meatloaf but you want it quick!Start with a pound of ground meat and add salsa, this makes the flavor great and keeps it from being dry.
Add onions, a and cracker crumbs. Also, at this point is a good time to add some fresh ground pepper and salt.

Add 1/2 cup each monterrey jack and cheddar cheeses.



Mix it all up and put it in muffin tins. I also add some ketchup and cheese on top of them after they are packed in there. They only take 25-30 minutes and they are perfect. These are also great little even portions.
Mini Meat Loaves
1 lb.ground meat
1/2 cup cracker crumbs
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 teasp salt
1/2 teasp pepper
1/2 cup each cheddar and monterrey jack cheese.
Mix well and put into muffins tins equally. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Yum!



1 comment:

busymomof10 said...

These look really good! I think I might make a couple dozen for supper! Or maybe that will just be an appetizer around here! ;)