3 girls, me, and a recipe

Welcome! I hope you enjoy reading about the passions in my life, my family, cooking, gardening, my pets and making memories that my girls will pass on to their children.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I'm still here! I'm still here!

I'm so sorry I havent posted lately but the truth is folks, I just havent made anything blogworthy! I'm so ashamed. I did have a bad experience with instant mashed potatoes. Oddly enough it was the first time I have used them. I went to HEB and there was a lady there sampling them and giving coupons out. I didnt taste them because I had just had lunch but with the coupon they were 49 cents. So I bought two packages. I made a beef pot roast with roasted carrots and then I tried to pass these potatoes off. Nope. NO ONE would eat them, and I cant say I blame them. This weekend I will try to get to the stack of recipes I would really like to share with you, but again, its Mothers Day and I want to spend some time with my girls and my mom. On the other hand, my garden seems to be doing great. Onions are really growing and the grape tomatoes are fixing to turn red. Plenty of blooms on the big tomatoes and also on the red, yellow, green, and orange bell peppers. I got to the green beans in time to beat the cut ants and powder them but they had already cleaned off ten of my plants. Nothing left but stalks. I am sure we will still have plenty! Squash is growing great but no blooms. Cilantro and Basil is doing
great. I promise to bring you pics soon. I hope all you mothers out there have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Keeper of the Home said...

Happy mother's Day to you! looking forward to seeing photos of your garden. Have a great time with your girls and your Mom.

~blessings